Staff Contacts - Click on Staff Directory (located on left hand side of page)
WATER & SEWER RATES FOR FY-2017/2018:
*CURRENT NOTE: As a look-back for water, West Bloomfield Township (WBT) incurred a FY-2016/17 Wholesale Water Rate increase from the Great Lakes Water Authority (GLWA) of +7.3%. This same amount of +7.3% was Board-approved as a straight pass-thru rate increase for all retail metered water customers of WBT, effective with all July 1, 2016 water meter readings. For FY-2017/18 the Township received a slight -0.9% water decrease from the GLWA, while passing along no water rate increase (flat) to all of WBT's metered water customers. For viewing more detail with respect to water rates, click on Rates on the side bar of this front page as located on the left hand side.
Again, as a look-back for sanitary sewer, WBT incurred a FY-2016/17 Wholesale Sanitary Sewer Rate increase from the Oakland County Water Resources Commission (OCWRC) of +3.7%. This same amount of +3.7% was Board-approved as a straight pass-thru increase for all sanitary sewer retail customers of the Township, effective with all July 1, 2016 meter readings. For FY-2017/18 the Township incurred a 10.4% increase from the OCWRC, while needing to pass along all of this increase to sanitary sewer customers. Flat-Rate Sewer-Only Customers increased the same as water metered sanitary sewer customers from $143.30/quarter to $163.80/quarter. For viewing more detail with respect to sanitary sewer rates, click on Rates on the side bar of this front page as located on the left hand side.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING WATER QUALITY
(LEAD, COPPER & CONTAMINATION):
- Department of Environmental Quality
- Center for Disease Control- Lead Information
- EPA - Ground and Drinking Water
- GLWA - Lead and Copper In Drinking Water
IMPORTANT: Keep Wipes Out Of Sanitary Pipes - Don't Flush Wet Wipes!!!
WATER & SEWER UTILITIES DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION:
For Urgent/After-Hours Emergencies Contact: (248) 975-9200 (Public Safety Dispatch)
DO NOT dial (911) for water related emergencies, unless an unsafe sinkhole should be occurring or a manhole cover has become unlodged or removed from a street or roadway. Kindly use common sense when deciding to dial 911 regarding reporting or requesting the reporting of a water emergency.
The Department provides for 24-hour operations, maintenance along with supervision in the event of a water and/or sewer emergency related situation requiring a necessary response. An appropriately credentialed employee and/or experienced supervisor of the department will respond as promptly and reasonably feasible to the location of concern and/or issue to assist in diligently working to evaluate and address problems or concerns. All customers of the Township are considered to be exceptionally valued by the Department!
Water & Sewerage System (Operations & Maintenance):
- Call (248) 451-4780 during regular business hours, Monday-Friday (see hours below):
- Spring/Summer Hours: April 23, 2018 Thru September 21, 2018 (7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- Fall/Winter Hours: September 24, 2018 Thru April 19, 2019 (7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Water & Sewer Customer (Billing) Inquiries: (Title Companies - Contact Billing Division)
- Call (248) 451-4832 during normal business hours, Monday-Friday (see hours as listed below):
- Spring/Summer Hours: April 23, 2018 Thru September 21, 2018 (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Fall/Winter Hours: September 24, 2018 Thru April 19, 2019 (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- The Water Utility Department's (Billing Division staff) is located at the Water Utilities Window: at 4550 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, MI. 48325 inside of Township Hall.
- No form of any type of payment is accepted at the Haggerty Road Operation & Maintenance Headquarters location of 2400 Haggerty Road, West Bloomfield, MI. 48323.
- NOTE: Water & Sewer Customer Direct Payments can be paid at the Township Hall Treasury Department (front counter service window as located at the east end of Township Hall from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
Oakland County's Water Conservation Calculator
Emergency Disinfection of Drinking Water "When Water May Need to be Boiled"
Sanitary Sewer Geographical District Location Map
Water & Sewer Connection Fees & Payment Forms:
- Evergreen-Farmington Sewer District (Sanitary Sewer Connection Fee) $1,425
- Clinton-Oakland Sewer District (Sanitary Sewer Connection Fee) $4,025
- Water Connection Charges (Water fees are determined based on varying circumstances)
- NOTE: Call a Utilities Department Superintendent Directly for specific determinations of Water Connection Cost Estimates @ (248) 451-4784
- Billing Customer Forms: Automatic Quarterly Payments (Sign-Up) Request Form
- Billing Customer Forms: Automatic Quarterly Payments Program (Cancellation) Form